Avon Advance Tecniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave-In Treatment - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Avon Advance Tecniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave-In Treatment - Review

Thursday 27 September 2012

Avon Advance Tecniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave-In Treatment - Review









Even Avon have jumped on the argan oil bandwagon!

I have dry, frizzy, naturally curly, long and coloured hair as mentioned in this post. Personally, I haven't used any of the other argan oil products, however, I have had the MoroccanOil applied to my hair by a hairdresser. Along with the other hair products used, my hair felt gorgeous. But whose hair doesn't after a visit to the hairdressers?

Argan oil is a plant oil produced from the kernels of the argan tree, which is found in Morocco. The actual name for the oil in the ingredients list is Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil and in all three products it appears quite far down the list. This can only mean that not much argan oil is actually used in the products. How much needs to be used to call it Moroccan Argan Oil? Surely, the ingredient should be further up the list?

The Shampoo


The shampoo claims to be gentle which helps to transform dry hair and leave it feeling moisturised. It contains Argan Oil, Provitamin B5 and Vitamin E, which claims to instantly detangle hair, leaving it soft, smooth and silky. The shampoo is priced at £2.80 but it is on special offer at the moment for £1.10! I bought it for £1.99.

I have used a few different Avon shampoos and to be honest, I would say that this smells the same as the others. But it does make my hair feel soft and silky after shampooing alone, even though I have dry hair.

The Conditioner


The conditioner claims to be hydrating which helps to transform dry hair, locking in moisture from root to tip. It contains Argan Oil, Provitamin B5 and Vitamin E, which claims to deeply condition and leave hair noticeably more beautiful and manageable. The conditioner is priced at £2.80 but it is on special offer at the moment for £1.10!

Similarly, I have used several Avon conditioners and I would say that this smells the same as regular conditioner from Avon. I always take a wide toothed comb into the shower to comb through my hair after I have applied conditioner. I have long, thick hair that gets tangled very easily. However, when it was time to comb my hair, I found it was already detangled and it's down to the shampoo and conditioner. I have only used the shampoo and conditioner together, so I couldn't tell you if the claims are correct about the shampoo instantly detangling hair.

The Leave-In Treatment


The leave-in treatment is an exotic blend containing rare Moroccan argan oil, which absorbs instantly to infuse hair with moisture and shine. It claims to help nourish and smooth dry, damaged, fragile hair to leave it looking softer, stronger, healthier and irresistibly touchable. The oil comes in a 30ml glass pump bottle, which is perfect as you can control how much you use and there is no waste. It is meant to be applied on towel-dried or damp hair, which for me is every third day as that is how often I need to wash my hair. This may seem a long time to wait to other people, but my hair would honestly break off if I washed it every day plus I would spend half my life drying it, I have that much hair!

This is the first time I have used oil on my hair as I mentioned earlier. Even though my hair is dry, I find that some products can make my hair greasy and product can build up. I was especially worried about oil, so I only used one pump! I soon realised this was not enough, I think I used 4 or 5 pumps altogether. I haven't found this product heavy or too greasy, quite the opposite in fact. I didn't apply it directly to my roots to avoid greasiness but my hair felt so soft and it was actually irresistibly touchable! The leave-in treatment is priced at £5.50 but it is on special offer at the moment for £3.30. I actually got this for £3, so it's gone up slightly. But it is totally worth it!

The Verdict


I would have to say that I agree with these claims, I was so impressed with the whole range. I am going to continue using the whole range and I have actually ordered the mask, which is an intensive weekly treatment. The mask is priced at £5.50 but it is on special offer at the moment for £2.20. Bargain! I will do a review of that once I have used it for about a month. The whole range is affordable and it has transformed my hair. My hair is soft, smooth and silky and my frizz is reduced. I would like to try other argan oil products so I can compare, but I am really happy with Avon's version.

Have you tried any argan oil products? Have you tried Avon Moroccan Argan Oil?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

1 comment:

  1. Avon Advance Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner Ingredients:
    Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Parfum, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-2 Dimeadowfoamamidoethylmonium Methosulfate, Methylparaben, Choleth-24, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycolic Acid, Creatine, Disodium Edta, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Ceteth-24, Quaternium-33, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Pelvetia Canaliculata Extract.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...