No7 Foundation Match Made Service and Stay Perfect Foundation in Calico - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: No7 Foundation Match Made Service and Stay Perfect Foundation in Calico - Review

Tuesday 16 October 2012

No7 Foundation Match Made Service and Stay Perfect Foundation in Calico - Review




Foundation Match Made Service


As soon as I heard that No7 was offering a 'Foundation Match Made Service' I knew it was something that I needed to experience. I'll be honest, I Just pick up the foundation shade that I think will suit me and I'm never happy once I get home. I actually popped along to my local Boots one weekend, just after the service had launched, and the No7 counter was so busy with people wanting a consultation. I decided it would be best if I returned one week day evening. I actually returned on a Tuesday evening and Boots was much quieter and an advisor was free to do my consultation.

No7 have spent 3 years analysing and researching different skin tones of over 2000 women and have created 17 shades of foundation in 7 different textures and finishes. It is a UK beauty first and is now available in your local Boots store. Once you have decided to take advantage of the Match Made Service, you will need to go into Boots and ask a No7 advisor for a consultation. A handheld device will be used, it is placed along your jaw line on each side and a photo is taken. Each time it clicks, 27 photos of your skin tone are taken, it will then tell you exactly which shade you are. Once you have your shade, you will have a consultation to find the texture and finish that is right for you. Please be aware that if you have make up on it will need to be removed to get your true shade. Either a patch will be taken off each side or you can choose to have it all taken off.

I was matched to the shade Calico. The No7 advisor then asked what finish I look for in a foundation. My reply was matte with a high coverage as I suffer from spots. After a few moments she returned with a few different foundations in my shade and explained the difference between each one. It was fantastic to finally have foundation advice! The two we narrowed it down to were Beautifully Matte and Stay Perfect Foundation. The consultant applied both foundations to the back of her hand, next to each other so I could see how they applied and the coverage they gave. Once dried, they both gave similar coverage to be honest, but Beautifully Matte was extremely matte. In my opinion, it was almost cakey and it dried very quickly, which doesn't give you much time to blend. Because of this, I chose Stay Perfect.

Stay Perfect Foundation


The consultant applied the foundation to one half of my face and not the other. This way I could see the coverage that the foundation offered alone. I was instantly impressed! She used a foundation brush to apply the foundation but said that you can use your fingers. Personally, I prefer a brush. I just allow the heat from my face to fully blend the foundation before applying any other make up. I have been using this foundation every day for about 3 to 4 weeks now and I am very happy. As I learnt the hard way, please make sure you shake the bottle before using. The packaging actually states this, but I got lazy and forgot a few days. Those days the foundation came out quite watery and didn't give the coverage I expected. However, once I remembered to shake the bottle every day before use, the texture and finish is back to normal, phew!

Stay Perfect Liquid Foundation claims to stay re-touch free for 16 hours. I have to completely agree. I apply my foundation at 6:30am and by 10:30pm my spots are still covered. Granted, my face doesn't look as 'fresh' as when I first apply my make up but I'm happy. If I was going to go out on a night out after wearing make up all day, I would remove it all and reapply or just touch up with concealer and bronzer etc. Another bonus of this foundation is that it offers SPF15, which my old foundation didn't. As I get older, I'm now 25, I am becoming more aware of the damage that the sun can do to your skin and I want to take precautions at an early age. I think this is something everyone should think about. Having SPF in your make up is an easy way to put your mind to rest about wrinkles and sun damage. I would much prefer preventing wrinkles than trying to remove them in later life.

I will definitely be purchasing this foundation again. Personally, I don't think the price is too high. I have been paying over £7 for years for Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, which isn't my perfect shade, doesn't provide great coverage and doesn't last all day! I actually had one of the infamous No7 vouchers when I bought this, which have recently changed, saving me £3! Therefore, I only paid £11 for the foundation.

Have you tried No7 Foundation Match Made Service? What was your match?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

10 comments:

  1. Lovely review! I've been needing to get a new foundation for a while so I might give this one a try. You've got yourself a new follower :)

    Suzy x

    http://www.theadventuresofsuzyandalex.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      You'll have to let me know what you think and what shade you get matched too.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. I had the foundation match done when it launched and I'm so pleased with my make up now! Used to be so paranoid about how my face looked because I'd never been able to find foundation pale enough.

    Found you on the blog hop :) lovely blog
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm really happy too. I no longer feel like an oompa lumpa! Which shade were you matched too?
      Thank you :)

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. Found you through blog hop! New follower :)

    I just bought this exact foundation yesterday. I too had been matched up and the sales assistant gave me sample which lasted forever. I loved it so I took advantage of the Boots 3 for 2 offer and picked up a few things, this included.

    Funny too because out of all the posts i've read, more people are matched to Calico :D good that as they wont discontinue it :P

    Lx
    pandorasbasket.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Hahaha really?! Yeah I suppose that's a good thing. I never got offered a sample, I just bought the foundation straight away. But I'm really happy with it.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  4. I love No7 and am currently on the hunt for a new foundation so I may have to give this one a go - thanks for blogging about it :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend the foundation I've got. But you need to have a consultation to see which shade and finish is best for you. Let me know how you get on.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  5. I really like the sound of this foundation! definitely thinking about purchasing it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend making the most of the match made service.

      I'm going to do it again soon so I can have a Summer and Winter shade.

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...