Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - Review

Saturday 5 January 2013

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - Review





I have been using this brush for a while now to apply my liquid foundation. I much prefer it over the Real Techniques Foundation Brush, which I have been using to blend my concealer. In my review of the Foundation Brush, I said I wanted to give the Buffing Brush a go. However, after much research online, I decided that the Expert Face Brush would be much better suited to me as I use a liquid foundation. The Expert Face Brush is specifically for cream or liquid foundation.

The brush has a lightweight, aluminium handle, which makes it super easy to use and hold. The bristles are made from synthetic taklon and are 100% cruelty free. The bristles are soft and feel so gentle and luxurious on your face. The brush is ultra film and broad, allowing smooth application and making it easy to blend your foundation. As the bristles are short and dense, they pick up more foundation and leave you with a heavier coverage. This is perfect for those days when you have pesky spots or, like me, every day! The base of the brush is flat, meaning it can stand up on its own.

The Real Techniques brushes are created by Samantha Chapman. Her tutorial video for the Expert Face Brush can be found here. I have become slightly obsessed with these brushes. I have 5 in my collection now and I want ALL of them. Next time Boots has the 3 for 2 offer on them, I am going to stock up! The others I own are the Blush Brush and the Setting Brush. I will review them soon, but I love them all!

Have you tried the Expert Face Brush? What are your opinions? Which brush do you use to apply foundation?

Rachel x

Lost In Lipstick

24 comments:

  1. This brush looks really good, I want to get the buffing brush too, I will have to check them out next time i'm in boots!

    Anna xx a-hint-of-glitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried this brush, it is next on my list though, I love the Real Techniques buffing brush, changed my life!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know if you prefer the Buffing Brush or this one. I want which ever is the best!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. I really want to try this one! Looking forward to your reviews of the other brushes.

    http://mimsmake-up.blogspot.co.uk xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They should be up January, if not definitely February!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  4. I have been eyeing these brushes for so long! I know I am splurging on them real soon. Hopefully I find them.

    www.agirlsfancies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can buy them online too. Not sure how much shipping is though.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  5. I have been wanting to try one of this, they look really good! Absolutely love the name of your blog! Follwed :) xo

    loisrosehill.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took me a long time to think of a name!

      Thank you :)

      Rachel x

      Delete
  6. I hear such awesome things about Real Technique brushes but I have yet to try one. A little pricey for me but perhaps it's time to suck it up and try one lol
    Following GFC :) http://plushpinkallure.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I urge you to suck up and try them! You won't regret it! Or wait until its 3 for 2 again! Bargain then!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  7. I use the buffing brush but may have to give this one a try. Thanks for the review, as I didn't even know this one existed :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I know of all of them and I want all of them! If you get it let me know which one you prefer. I want the best one!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  8. Great review! I actually just picked up this brush last week as well. I originally gave into the hype and got the bufffing brush a few months ago, but I actually think this one is much better for applying foundation! The flat side makes it so easy to work under the eyes and around the nose

    xx Louise
    A Little Beauty Luxury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo thanks for that. So many people mention the buffing brush, but I'm not sure if they know this one. This one is perfect for liquid foundation.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  9. LOVE this great tool.. it blends and buffs like a dream ;)

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It applies like a dream too :)

      Rachel x

      Delete
  10. I really want these brushes!! Makes me want them now! Haha! :) Lovely blog, now followed - You're almost at 200!! Yay! :D
    - HannahMarieBeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go get them! And thank you :) I think you mean 100 though ;)

      Rachel x

      Delete
  11. I've just ordered the Real Techniques Core Collection set, I'm very excited to try their brushes after hearing so many good things about them! I'm not a big fan of foundation brushes though so may give this one a go if it's not in the kit!
    Rosy x
    http://rostinted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you not looked to see what's in it? Lol. You will get a pointed foundation brush and the buffing brush, which lots of people like. The expert face brush is better suited for liquid foundation so it depends what you use. I hope you like your purchase :)

      Rachel x

      Delete
  12. They have 3 for 2 on them now!:£

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...