Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner - Review

Thursday 8 August 2013

Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner - Review





I'm sure you're all aware of my love for Liz Earle skincare products. I have raved about them enough! I've even used their Sheer Skin Tint and mascara, and I love them too! For the past two months, I have been using Liz Earle haircare, shampoo and conditioner to be precise. I'm happy to report that so far, none of their products have disappointed me. (I promise they are not paying me and I have bought all these products myself!)

There is only one shampoo and it is suitable for all hair types including sensitive, colour treated hair and oily hair. Just like there is only one cleanser - Cleanse & Polish. Containing shea butter from West Africa, aloe vera, naturally sourced vitamin E, apple and orange extracts, and naturally derived cleansers, from coconuts I believe, there really is no room for sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate. Even though it contains no harsh chemicals, it still foams amazingly well - thats the job of the naturally derived cleansers. The back of the tube says that a little shampoo goes a long way and I definitely agree. Rather than adding more shampoo to create lather, you just add more water. It's amazing and it makes the tubes last quite a long time as a little is only needed for each hair wash. The scent is beautiful, you can really smell the essential oils. I can particularly smell the orange. 

When it comes to conditioner, there is three different ones to choose from and this is where you tailor your haircare to suit your hair type. There's one for normal hair, fine/oily hair, and dry/damaged hair. I opted for the latter as my hair is just that - dry, damaged and brittle - from years of heat styling and colouring. This conditioner also contains West African shea butter, apple and orange extracts, as well as blue seakale and Kenyan yangu oil. It is suitable for coloured hair, which is fantastic news for me, and it leaves my hair feeling hydrated, soft, smooth and under control. It is recommended to apply to mid lengths and ends but I suffer from dry roots too that can be extremely frizzy so I apply all over my hair. Again, a little goes a long way and it really does make my hair feel soft, smooth and alive!

I have already repurchased both the shampoo and conditioner as I have seen a big difference in the overall texture of my hair. Next on my wishlist are the Botanical Shine Treatment for frizzy, coarse or unruly hair and the Botanical Shine Nourishing Hair Oil. They might have to wait until Father Christmas comes as I am extremely poor at the moment!

Have you ever tried Liz Earle haircare? Have you tried the treatment or hair oil?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...