February Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: February Empties

Wednesday 26 March 2014

February Empties


Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical - I think I have mentioned this before on my blog but this is my favourite scent from the Batiste Dry Shampoo range. It's so fresh and revitalising so it wakes me up in the morning if I don't have time to wash my hair. As I have blonde hair, I don't get any noticeable tell-tale signs however I do understand that people with darker hair would have this problem. Batiste is the only brand of dry shampoo I have used and as I don't have any problems, I would continue to repurchase in the future.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo - This is my very last tube of Effaclar Duo as I'm sure you're all aware by now it has been replaced with Effaclar Duo [+]. I love Effaclar Duo and I am loving Effaclar Duo [+] even more as it helps to combat my scars that have been left behind by spots. It's not a miracle product but after using it for about a month, I can definitely see a difference already. I would have repurchased this if it hadn't been reformulated but I will definitely be repurchasing Effaclar Duo [+] in the future.

Impulse Body Spray in Tease - Are you getting sick of seeing these now? Another month another Impulse Body Spray. As I have mentioned before, I just throw these in my handbag and use them on a daily basis at work as I work in a school. No snotty nosed children are experiencing my perfume any time soon! Tease is definitely my favourite scent however I am interested to know what your favourite scent is if you use Impulse body spray?

Simple Eye Make Up Remover - This is my go to eye make up remover as it is so quick and effective and it hardly stings my sensitive eyes. It only costs £2 or £3 and I pick it up from various places including Boots or even Morrisons when I'm doing the weekly shop! I am not sure if I mentioned this before but I don't use waterproof mascara so I cannot comment on how effective it is at removing waterproof mascara however it does a fantastic job of removing regular mascara along with eyeshadow and eyeliner.

B. Pure Micellar Water - I saw this in Superdrug and thought it was worth a try however I wasn't really that impressed. I have tried Bioderma and the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Solution and I much prefer those formulas over this one. I found it a bit too much like water if I'm honest whereas the others felt a little bit more than water (I have no idea how to explain that!). Plus I tried it on my eyes and they definitely weren't a fan!

Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Purifying Gel - I don't really know what to think about this product. I wasn't blown away however I wasn't disappointed; it was just a face wash. I used it every morning and evening until it ran out and it lasted about two months however I didn't really notice a change in my skin. It definitely didn't purify my skin and it didn't alter my spot situation. I wouldn't repurchase this again as I would like to try other cleansers on the market to find one that is more effective

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic - I haven't repurchased this since running out however I think I may as we get into Summer as it is so refreshing. I usually repurchase this when I am running low however I am testing a few different toners to find one that helps to clear up my spots. I am currently finishing off Vichy Normaderm Purifying Pore-Tightening Lotion which I purchased with the cleanser. I love Liz Earle products but they don't get rid of my spots completely so I am on the look out for my holy grail products.

No7 Stay Perfect Foundation in Calico - I think this is my second bottle of this foundation and I have already repurchased it. However I think they have reformulated the product as I am not loving it as much as I used to. I first purchased this foundation in September 2012 when I was colour matched to this shade. I chose the Stay Perfect foundation as I liked the formula as I prefer a matte finish and this wasn't as matte as the Beautifully Matte range. However since I have bought my third bottle, the formula isn't as matte as it used to be, therefore I am thinking of giving the Beautifully Matte foundation a try. 

La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I. - This is an on the spot treatment that I used in conjunction with Effaclar Duo. I applied Effaclar A.I. on my spots and once it was dry, I applied Effaclar Duo all over my face. However I didn't really notice much of a difference and just felt like I was wasting my money using the two products together. Therefore I will continue to purchase Effaclar Duo [+] but leave Effaclar A.I. 

Seventeen Doll'd Up Mascara - I bought this mascara from Boots when I had a voucher and I think I got it for £2 which was an absolute bargain as it is actually a really good mascara. It did a fantastic job of separating my lashes and adding length as well as volume. I currently have quite a few mascaras that are unopened but if I ever saw this on offer again I would definitely repurchase.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Another month and another Collection concealer. I have a stash of these in my drawer ready for when I run out. They last me just under two months which is not bad as I would probably chuck them out after that anyway as I use the doe foot applicator to apply it. In the Winter, I am shade 1 which is the lightest shade and in the Summer, I can get away with using shade 1 or shade 2.

Which products have you used up this month? Have you been loving any of these products? 

Rachel x 
Lost In Lipstick

Follow me on Twitter // Like me on Facebook // Follow me on Bloglovin' // Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...