TGI Friday's Burger Blind Date | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: TGI Friday's Burger Blind Date

Wednesday 4 June 2014

TGI Friday's Burger Blind Date









At the end of April, an exciting email landed in my inbox. The subject - 'Hot burger in Manchester seeks love interest' and the sender - TGI Friday's. I am a massive fan of TGI's so this made me extremely excited. After reading the email (see above) I was as giddy as a child on Christmas morning!

The event was held on Wednesday 7th May at 6pm. I was able to invite a +1 so I dragged Rory along, although he didn't need much persuading! The event didn't get off to a great start for us. Rory got stuck in traffic on his way over from work and didn't arrive until just before 7pm. Luckily for me, TGI Friday's employ super friendly and helpful staff so I was able to wait inside away from the horrendous rain. However I did feel like I had been stood up and I didn't appreciate the man perving on me!

Once Rory had arrived, we headed upstairs and were greeted by some lovely members of staff. We were shown to the bar where we ordered a cocktail while we were waiting for our table. I chose a gorgeous cocktail which was based on raspberries and Rory opted for a passion fruit orientated cocktail. Both were delicious. 

Once our table was ready, we were taken to our seats and the process of 'Burger Blind Date' was explained. We were shown the menu which was a round up of eight burgers however we weren't told the burger names and the ingredients weren't listed. Instead we were given the personality traits of the burgers. From those we had to choose which contestant we would like to date. The waiter also took our order for our second round of drinks. This time, I opted for my current favourite cocktail - Strawberry Daiquiri and Rory went for Minty Apple. Again both were delicious.

Within fifteen minutes, our dates had arrived. I decided on Contestant #4 which is BBQ Pulled Pork on the regular menu. It consists of a 7oz burger topped with BBQ pulled pork, pickled red onion, Colby cheese, Friday's mayo and smothered in Mesquite and Hickory BBQ sauce. It was delicious, love at first taste! I opted for sweet potato fries on the side which I have been craving ever since! Rory chose Contestant #3 which is known as The Monster 2.0 on the menu! It consists of two 7oz burgers, piled high with Sam Adams beer cheese sauce, crispy bacon, caramelised onions and Friday's mayo. Contestant #3 had curves to be envious of and left Rory satisfied. A second date is on the cards. 

A photographer was present to capture our #burgerface which was so much fun. We also got to take a framed copy home which is a perfect souvenir. Ours are currently on the mantleplace and everyone has a good laugh when they come round! Ron was also on hand to entertain us with his close-up card tricks. I've met Ron three times now and I'm always left amazed. 

Rory and I had a fabulous evening. The staff were friendly and attentive. The food and cocktails were delicious. Staff are very knowledgeable about the food and drinks and are able to create custom cocktails if you tell them what you like and dislike. I highly recommend TGI Friday's to everyone. 

Thank you TGI Friday's for inviting us to such a memorable evening. 

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...