My Wedding Perfume - Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: My Wedding Perfume - Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne

Tuesday 26 August 2014

My Wedding Perfume - Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne










"The essence of charm. Peonies in voluptuous bloom, exquisitely fragile. Flirtatious with the juicy bite of red apple and the opulence of jasmine, rose and gillyflower. Mingling with the sensuality of soft, blush suede. Luxurious and seductive."

Back in October 2013, during Vogue Fashion's Night Out in Manchester, I stepped into Harvey Nichols' Jo Malone department. That was the first time I experienced the Peony & Blush Suede Cologne. Peonies have been my favourite flower for as long as I can remember and I knew I wanted to include them in my bridal bouquet as I walked down the aisle. (Also, my new surname is Maloney!) I had recently read an article (or a blog post) about choosing a new perfume for your wedding day as smell holds the biggest memory. As soon as I smelt Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede, I knew it was my wedding fragrance.

In April 2014, I went on my hen do to Tenerife. As I was in Manchester Airport, I popped into Jo Malone and I couldn't resist the 20% off! I managed to get the perfume for £31.20 instead of the usual £39 for 30ml. I kept it in its box and bag in my cupboard and resisted all the urges to spray until Friday 1st August 2014! I didn't know I had that much self control! 

Throughout my wedding day, I went into our bridal suite to freshen up. When I did, I added another spritz to keep the fragrance strong to make sure that I would associate the scent with my wedding day. I haven't used the perfume since the day as I don't want to ruin the memory. I'm going to test the theory and use the scent in a few months. A good test will be on my husband, and see if he recognises the smell. 

I would love to keep the bottle on display in my bedroom but I know it will last longer if I keep it hidden away in a dark place. Then the memory of our magical day will last longer. (Or I could use it and buy a new one every wedding anniversary or better still Rory could!)

Rachel x

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea, I never though to keep the memory of my wedding day with the perfume... Heck I don't even remmember what perfume I had that day.. :) Hope you had a lovely time in Tenerife

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...