One Mulberry Bag Guest Post - Holiday Make Up | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: One Mulberry Bag Guest Post - Holiday Make Up

Friday 22 August 2014

One Mulberry Bag Guest Post - Holiday Make Up

The gorgeous Grace from One Mulberry Bag was kind enough to write a guest post for Lost In Lipstick. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to schedule it before I left for Mexico as I was so busy with the wedding, packing and a Christening. Luckily, Grace is so lovely and understanding, and she still wanted me to publish her post. Thank you again Grace for understanding and your fabulous guest post. 

I was lucky enough to jet off to Turkey last month for an amazing week away with my best friend, Jess. Not only was it a very welcome break from work and general day to day stresses at home, it was also at times 42 degrees! Now, as wonderful as that sounds it can also be a potential nightmare, not only for sunburn but also when it comes to make up. 

I don’t ever wear make up in the day on holiday, but when we went out in the evenings, I wanted to look like I’d made somewhat of an effort. Like I said it was boiling even at night so my usual night time routine was a total no go as it would have totally slid off my face by the time we even made it out of the hotel. Instead I opted for a sun kissed basic make up but still making an effort- if that makes any sense. 



As my face takes the sun straight away I knew I wouldn’t need a heavy foundation so I opted for my trusty L’Oreal Nude Magique BB cream. This gives light coverage, but also smoothed over the skin and made me look naturally flawless! The best thing about this is, it works better when you apply it with your fingers so I didn’t even need to ‘faf’ about with makeup brushes. 



Although I was on holiday relaxing, I was still not getting much sleep. Bars till 3am and then up for 9 to catch the sun are not a good combination for my under eyes, so I still needed to conceal those bad boys. I went for a favourite again here with the Rimmel Wake me Up concealer in shade 101. This is my normal shade so with a tan it helped really illuminate my under my eyes as it was much lighter. 



I have super sensitive eyes so often end up lying in the sun with sunglasses on and end up with slight rings of lighter skin around my eyes - “panda-chic” if you will! In order to sort this out and try to vaguely resemble a human being I need to bronze the rest of my face all to the same colour. For this I wanted a light bronzer so as not to end up with a ridiculously brown face, and I went for the Collection Summer Bronze. This is a light bronzer that can be built up if needs be, but I found it was perfect for emphasizing that holiday glow.



I’m a huge winged liner fan and I think it really does bring a look from casual to glam, I couldn’t ignore this step. However, I did tone this down a lot for the heat and went for a very small flick rather than my usual dramatic wing. For this I used my Collection felt tip liner, perfect for creating light lines and winging out to a thicker point. 



I picked up this little beauty at duty free as it’s one of my all-time favourites. Due to the ridiculous heat there was no way I was going to wear lashes and this product really helped cure my dark lash addiction. I do feel this really helps give me the look of not quite fake but enhanced lashes I want. 



The final, and most important step to any look is eyebrows! I did buy the Benefit Gimme Brow at the airport in the hopes it would be a quick and easy brow product for the heat. However, I wasn’t wildly impressed and instead stuck to my trusty HD Brow palette. My brows are fairly light anyway, and they got even lighter in the sun, so I found I only used the powder very lightly to define my arch and then brushed them through so they looked much more natural than I would normally go for at home. 

The finished look was much less full on than my home night time looks, but I think that’s the beauty of a tan that you can get away with much less. I am still wearing this make up for work now I’m back at work and will do until my tan fades. 

I hope you enjoyed this little guest blog and thank you to Rachel for giving me a chance to write on her brilliant blog. If you liked the sound of me, and fancy more holiday product information and other looks please head on over to my blog, onemulberrybag.blogspot.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...