What I've been reading lately #1 | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: What I've been reading lately #1

Thursday 28 August 2014

What I've been reading lately #1



I love reading. I love reading books. I love reading magazines. I love reading blogs. Besides wedding magazines, I've not actually read anything for a few months and I want to change that. I'm hoping that if I document the books I read on my blog, I'm likely to read more. On holidays, I usually read a couple of books. With this in mind, I decided to take four books on my honeymoon. As you can see from the above picture, I managed to read three of them and I'm part way through the forth. 



Maddy, dressed in white, stands at the back of the church. At the end of the aisle is Rob - the man she's about to marry. Next to Rob is Ben - best man and the best friend any two people ever had. 

And that's the problem. 

Because if it wasn't Rob waiting for her at the altar, there's a strong chance it would be Ben. Loyal and sensitive, Ben has always kept his feelings to himself, but if he turned round and told Maddy she was making a mistake, would she listen? And would he be right? 

Best friends since childhood, Maddy, Ben and Rob thought their bond was unbreakable. But love changes everything. Maddy has a choice to make but will she choose wisely? Her heart, and the hearts of the two best men she knows, depend on it...

If you didn't know, I'm a massive McFly fan and Giovanna Fletcher happens to be Tom's beautiful wife. Last year, Giovanna released her debut novel, Billy and Me. Billy and Me was one of those books I just couldn't put down. I laughed, I cried and I couldn't wait to find out what happened between Sophie and Billy. In May, Giovanna released her second novel about love and the unbreakable bonds of friendship. I bought it in May/June but as I was busy planning our wedding, I knew I was going to save it for our honeymoon and read it in Mexico. It was well worth the wait. Again, it was another book I couldn't put down and finished it in two or three days. I loved all the twists and finding out what happened in the love triangle between Maddy, Ben and Rob. I 100% recommend this book along with Billy and Me. 



Kitty Logan has lost her way...

As a journalist, she's spent the past few years chasing the big scoops - no matter the consequences. When she makes a terrible mistake, she finds herself mired in scandal, her career implodes and even her personal relationships are tested to the limits. 

At a loss, Kitty finds distraction in a list of one hundred names her late mentor and boss, Constance, has left her. Kitty's been given one final chance, the most important assignment of her life - to write the story behind the one hundred names as a tribute piece to Constance. As she tracks down the people on the list and tries to work out what connects them, Kitty meets some extraordinary people. 

Can these strangers' stories help her finally understand her own?

I'm a massive fan of Cecelia Ahern and I've read all her previous books. I'm currently reading her latest novel, How To Fall In Love. One Hundred Names was released earlier this year and I bought it a couple of months ago to read on my honeymoon. However, I have to say, this was my least favourite. It took me a while to get into the book and nearly took me a week to finish it. I carried on reading as I wanted to find out what connected the 100 people on the list, but if that curiosity wasn't there, I probably would have given up and this saddens me. I enjoyed finding out about each character though and their fascinating lives. I'm enjoying How To Fall In Love more and fingers crossed it's just a one off. Cecelia Ahern has a new novel out in October, The Year I Met You.



Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

I know I'm very late to the party but I have to admit that I put off reading this book. I just thought it would be too sad. I bought it for my honeymoon but was debating whether to take it or not as I didn't want to sit on the beach blubbering my eyes out. I'm so glad I finally decided to read it as I absolutely loved it. I am such an emotional person and cry all the time at TV so it shocked me that I only cried once in this book. I read this book in about two days as I couldn't put it down and loved reading about Hazel and Augustus' relationship. It's so romantic in a non obvious way.

Do you have any book recommendations for me to read next?

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...