August Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: August Empties

Friday 5 September 2014

August Empties


Sanctuary Spa Body Scrub - I'm not sure if I've said this before, but I'm a big fan of the Sanctuary Products. At the moment, I have too many body scrubs and body lotions etc but when I'm running low, I always stock up at Boots (usually when it's 3 for 2!) I love the scent and the products do exactly what they say on the tin. This body scrub is effective at keeping my skin smooth and removing any dead skin but it isn't too rough. It's the perfect roughness that a scrub should be. 

Impulse Body Spray in Tease - More and more people that I speak to, use Impulse. I thought it was just young teenagers! I must have been buying them for about ten years (since I was a teenager! Ha.) This is my favourite scent of the ones I've tried but I think there are a few new scents so I'll have to step out of my comfort zone and try some new smells. 

Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel - I originally purchased this after a recommendation from a friend for sunburn. I took it on holiday with me and on returning I stored it away for my next holiday. Suddenly one day, I thought I'd try it for a few other things and now it lives on my dressing table permanently. I've actually repurchased two since finishing this (it was buy one get one free!) I use it after having my eyebrows waxed as they stay red for hours and this just helps to soothe them. Also, I use it on my legs after I've shaved them. I get very mild shaving rash on my legs which appear as lots of red dots but they sting so I apply Aloe Vera and after the initial sting which only lasts a second, my legs feel and look so much better. 

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+]* - I was a fan of the original Effaclar Duo so I'm obviously going to be a fan of the new and improved formula. I have actually reviewed this product in full here so I won't go into too much detail as I'll only be repeating myself. 

Simple Eye Make Up Remover - This continues to be my go to eye make up remover. I used to use it to remove all my make up but now I use a Miceller Water to remove make up and just this to remove mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow if I'm wearing any. If I leave it on for too long, my eyes do sting a little but they are sensitive. (Although Simple products are supposed to be suitable for sensitive skin/eyes.) I wash my face with a cleanser straight away so I don't have any problems. 

Dr Organic Tea Tree Oil* - I received this in a goodie bag a while ago. I applied it to spots using a cotton wool pad but I found it too harsh and even though it wasn't near my eyes, it made them sting. As I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner, my trick was to add about ten drops to the product - turning two products into one super product! (This may have been more psychological than anything!) 

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate (sample) - Oh My God! This product is like a miracle product. The first time I used it, I woke up with new skin which I didn't recognise! I went out and purchased the full size before I'd even used up the sample. I love it so much and it smells so heavenly! 

Jergens Daily Moisture Hand & Cuticle Cream - I picked this up in Superdrug as it had a third off or something. It was actually a really good hand cream as it provided the perfect amount of moisture without being greasy. It absorbed really quickly, leaving behind a lovely scent. 

Collection Colour Lash All Day Colour Mascara in Clear - I used to get away with getting my eyebrows waxed every 5/6 weeks but this year, I've had to go every 3/4 weeks. It was only when I stopped using this clear mascara as a brow gel that I noticed a slow down in growth. When I read the tube, I noticed it contains protein which must be making my eyebrows grow.  So if you ever over pluck your brows or you want to lengthen/thicken your eyelashes - purchase this clear mascara for £1.99 and watch the magic happen! 

Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer - Again, this continues to be my go to concealer for hiding my dark circles under my eyes. It's also a great cream highlighter if you wanted to save room when packing. I use the brush on the product to apply but I use my foundation brush/concealer brush to blend it in. 

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...