Selfridges AW14 Fashion Showcase | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Selfridges AW14 Fashion Showcase

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Selfridges AW14 Fashion Showcase



On Thursday 9th October, I headed over to Selfridges Exchange Square in Manchester for their AW14 Fashion Showcase. The event was to celebrate the new menswear destination on the first floor and the latest womenswear collections on the second floor. I was very excited for the event and as I had a plus one, I brought my mum along as she loves Selfridges and was intrigued to see what I get up to at the events I go to.

How awesome is this skirt?! I want!

I also want this gorgeous handbag!


As we arrived, we were greeted by a Champagne arrival which is always a winner. There was also a non alcoholic option - Elderflower, which I also sampled and it was delicious. We had an hour to browse the new collections before the fashion show started. My mum and I headed straight for the shoe department before browsing the new womenswear collections.

The extremely talented Jacqueline Bissett in action

My awesome illustration


It wasn't long before we spotted fashion illustrator, Jacqueline Bissett who was offering a personalised illustration to take home. She is extremely talented and created beautiful pieces of art in less than 10 minutes. My mum and I are amazed by my illustration as it really does look like me and it captures me perfectly. I'm going to display it in a black frame in my bedroom near my dressing table.

Behind the scenes!

Apologies that this is my only photo of the catwalk. I watched it from the floor above so couldn't really get good images.


At 8:30pm, it was time for the fashion show to begin. The models descended from the second floor down the escalators onto the first floor to strut their stuff around the staircase. The fashion show consisted of mens and womenswear. I had a great view as I watched it from the second floor and could still see the models walking around the stairs. Unfortunately, this meant I couldn't get any good images.

These cocktails look incredible and they tasted pretty delicious too!

Christmas is coming!


After the fashion show, a pop up bar from The Alchemist were serving cocktails and waiters were offering canapés. We had another browse through all the beautiful collections - cooing over some beautiful clothes, shoes and handbags.

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...