September Empties | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: September Empties

Sunday 12 October 2014

September Empties


L'Oreal EverSleek Smoothing & Moisture Shampoo & L'Oreal EverSleek Smoothing & Moisture Conditioner - I actually enjoyed using this shampoo and conditioner. I purchased these when they were on offer and if I see them on offer again, I will repurchase. They claim to contain no sulphates and no silicone but it does contain sodium lauryl sulfoacetate  and a few other ingredients which feature words similar to sulphate. Now I'm not a chemistry expert so I don't know if they are sulphates or not. (After a quick Google Search, Sodium lauryl sulfoacetate is actually a cheat detergent and is a natural ingredient. So they're actually really good although I've only researched that one ingredient! Can anyone else shed any light?)

Sure Crystal Invisible Anti-Perspirant Spray - I debated whether to include deodorant in my empties but I have before and after all, it is a product I've finished and I'd like to share my opinion. At first, I wasn't sure about the new smaller, compressed sprays but after using a few now, they actually last a really long time. I find the scent of this particular deodorant to be pleasant and it does it job! 

Bioderma Sebium H20 Micelle Solution - I haven't repurchased this yet but I might do as it's pretty good. I may even give the original a try as my skin isn't as bad as it used to be. I haven't used it to remove mascara yet; just my face make up, but I know a few people who do and they say it removes waterproof mascara effectively. Considering I haven't found an eye make up remover that does yet, I might as well go for a recommendation and give it a try. 

Simple Eye Make Up Remover - This is a great eye make up remover for regular mascara but it does absolutely nothing for waterproof mascara even though it claims to do so! Since my wedding, I have worn waterproof mascara more than usual as I have a fab No7 mascara, but I'm always put off as I don't have any way to fully remove it. Hopefully, Bioderma will work when I give it a try. 

Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Wash - I think this has featured in my empties before. It does an ok job and I've repurchased it several times but I am looking for an alternative cream wash that does a better job. If you recommend one, please let me know. I prefer a cream wash as it's easy to use and easy to take off. I have oil cleansers and balm cleansers but I find them a bit of a faff and sometimes I'm too lazy! 

La Roche Posay Effaclar H - I purchased this from Escentual (I think). I thought it would be worth a try as I love Effaclar Duo / Duo [+] but I wasn't that blown away. It's a moisturiser aimed at oily skin which has been weakened by over-drying treatments. I used it in the morning and in the evening but didn't notice any real difference in my skin. The tube is 40ml but it didn't last me very long. As you can see I've squeezed every last bit out which was very difficult as the plastic tube is so tough. 

Impulse Body Spray in Tease - My faithful body spray. I'm actually running low in back ups so I best stock up soon! I'm down to my last two and one is in my handbag. I haven't tried a different scent like I said in last month's empties as I already had these but now I need to stock up, I may just do that! I only buy in bulk when they are 99p/£1 so I'm on the lookout! 

Origins Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment - I actually got this in the Christmas sales last year in an Origins gift set. I'm a hand cream obsessive and I always have about 5 tubes in back up so I didn't start using it till recently. I absolutely loved the hand cream though and I will definitely be checking out the full version. It soothed and moisturised my hands, absorbed quickly and it smelt gorgeous. 

Barry M Lash Vegas Black Mascara - I'm not sure what I thought of this mascara. It wasn't the best mascara I've ever used and it certainly wasn't the worst. It did it's job but it could have been better. I wasn't a fan of the wand and I found that mascara clung to it which I had to wipe off before application. To begin with, it was quite a wet mascara which I'm not a fan of but once it had dried out a little, it was a little easier to work with. I wouldn't repurchase it again though. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Everyone's favourite concealer! I think I'm going off it though. I don't know why. I just don't feel like it's been covering up blemishes that well recently. I had loads of back ups but I'm actually down to my last one now so I may give another concealer a try. Any recommendations? 

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...