The Library Of Fragrance - Peony - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: The Library Of Fragrance - Peony - Review

Friday 17 October 2014

The Library Of Fragrance - Peony - Review



I first mentioned The Library Of Fragrance in this post just before their launch in the UK. I have been involved in some of their research before the big launch and I was asked things such as; fragrances I'd like to see, what the bottle should look like and offers that would most likely entice us to buy the products. This is a launch I'm very excited about as it allows us to be creative and create personal scents at affordable prices. 

The Library Of Fragrance is a New York based perfumery called Demeter Fragrance Library but they have decided on a new name for their UK launch this September. Demeter Fragrance Library was established in 1996 with an iconic capsule collection of three scents - Grass, Tomato and Dirt (all of which are still available today!) The mission is to capture all of the beautiful scents that surround us everyday and with over 300 scents under their belt, I'd say they've done a damn good job! 



Currently, The Library Of Fragrance has a pretty extensive collection of 101 fragrances which are available at www.thelibraryoffragrance.com. I'm pretty sure they will continue to expand on this considering the USA have over 300! A capsule collection of 28 of the brand's best selling scents will be available in most Boots stores and via www.boots.com

The Library Of Fragrance presents scents that are real and familiar and can be chosen to reflect the preferences of you, the wearer. The simplicity of the concept, allows wearers to layer scents which is not a new concept but definitely a more affordable one. The most basic rule of thumb, according to the brand, is if things smell good together in real life, they will smell good on you. The brand suggest recommendations on their social media but the overriding message is that wearers should be as creative as they like. 

The price for a 30ml bottle is £15 and there is an exclusive 2 for £25 promotion in Boots stores. That should encourage you to layer scents and find a personalised scent. 



I was kindly sent Peony to review as the lovely ladies at their PR office knew it's my favourite flower which was included in my bouquet when I got married. 

Peony is a beautiful scent which floods my mind with amazing memories from Friday 1st August 2014, my wedding day. It captures the scent of peonies so well and I'm looking forward to adding to my collection and creating beautiful combinations of scents. Unfortunately, Peony isn't available via Boots so you'll have to go through the website for this beauty.

You can view the 28 fragrances which will be available at Boots at www.boots.com and you can view the entire collection at www.thelibraryoffragrance.com

Which fragrances do you like the sound of? Are there any fragrances which aren't available that you'd like to see in the future?

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...