Real Techniques Foundation Brush - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Real Techniques Foundation Brush - Review

Monday 22 October 2012

Real Techniques Foundation Brush - Review


I actually picked this brush up in September, along with the Powder Brush (review here). I absolutely love the Powder Brush. However, I'm not too keen on the Foundation Brush. I think it's good but it could definitely be better. This brush is part of the 'base' collection and I use it to apply liquid foundation and blend concealer. The Real Techniques brushes are created by Samantha Chapman. Her tutorial video for the Foundation Brush can be found here.

The Foundation Brush has an angled cut, which lets you build the coverage you need for an 'airbrushed' look. This is actually great for reaching those hard to reach areas, like around the nose, and it really gets right under the eye, allowing great coverage of bags! The brush has a lightweight, aluminium handle, which makes it super easy to use and hold. The bristles are made from synthetic taklon and are 100% cruelty free. The bristles are super soft and feel so gentle and luxurious on your face. The base of the brush is flat, meaning it can stand up on its own.

I try to deep clean my brushes once a week, but I feel foundation builds up on the brush. I'm pretty sure this shouldn't happen as the bristles are synthetic, but I'm no expert. I think it would benefit from being cleaned twice a week as the build up means the bristles clump together, creating a stripy effect on my face. There is a lot of hype around the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, part of the Core Collection, and I really want to give this a go with my foundation. Maybe I will use that as my foundation brush and keep the actual Foundation Brush as my concealer brush.

Have you tried the Foundation Brush? What are your opinions? Which brush do you use to apply foundation?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...