Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent - Review

Monday 7 January 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent - Review





I have been using this powder for several months now. I just haven't got round to posting a review on it until now. My skin isn't particularly oily, maybe a teeny tiny bit on my t-zone. But I prefer a matte finish with my make up than a shiny finish. Mainly due to the fact I cannot pull it off. When I attempt a different finish, which includes highlighting, I always feel like my face just looks greasy. Therefore, I stick to what I know - a matte finish. Anyway, I'm blabbering.

This powder claims to control shine for up to 5 hours using natural minerals. I would have to agree but as I said my skin isn't overly oily. It also claims to minimise pores. I suffer from larger pores on my nose, my cheeks closest to my nose and my forehead. I would have to say that these are beginning to disappear but that may be down to my skincare rather than this powder or maybe it's a combination of both. Who knows?

The powder comes in six shades; transparent, pink blossom, peach glow, sandstorm, silky beige and warm beige. I went for transparent as I didn't want a shade with my powder. I want a powder to reduce any shine caused by my make up and to set my foundation. I would say that this shade lightens my face a tiny bit so it may not be suitable for people with a darker skin tone.

I apply the powder with my Real Techniques Powder Brush which allows me to lightly dust it all over my face. It doesn't appear chalky or look like I'm wearing powder. But I think it could do if you applied too much. The art is applying just enough to conceal shine and set your foundation. If you feel like you have to much on your brush, tap your brush to remove excess powder before applying.

The packaging isn't great. It doesn't feel sturdy and the lid comes off easily. I wouldn't recommend leaving it loose in your handbag. Overall, it is a great product with a fantastic price tag. The packaging is the only negative for me so I can't really complain. If you have oily skin and you want something to set your foundation, I totally recommend this product.

Do you have oily skin? Have you tried this powder before?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick 

18 comments:

  1. I don't have oily skin,but I use this powder to set my foundation and make it matte,and I love it,its great and its not expensive at all:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's fantastic. Why pay loads of money for a high end product when at £4 this does an amazing job?

      Rachel x

      Delete
  2. I use this every day and I absolutely adore it. I also agree with the packaging, it isn't very sturdy so if i'm out travelling at all I take my MAC MSF as it's much more travel friendly.

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you use Rimmel over MAC, unless you're traveling? It's interesting to see you prefer Rimmel :)

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. I bought this today in 'Sandstorm' which annoyingly I fear might be a bit too dark for me, the shades were so confusing! Although its nice to see a pink toned powder, you don't see them often! I'm excited to use this product tomorrow morning, I have high hopes after your review! <3

    aisforayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hopefully it fulfils your expectations now. And fingers crossed the shade isn't too dark for you!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  4. Love this powder... so great for the price! I am currently using the MAC blot powder but I'm not sure whether there is a huge difference between that and the Rimmel one!

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know that drug store brands are just as good, if not better, that high end brands.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  5. Great post :) just followed you from seeing your post on Twitter about 100 followers!

    Can't wait to read all your posts :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely don't leave it loose in your bag! Mine managed to shatter AND the lid came off- it was messy haha. I do like the product though, it's excellent for the price xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I will never travel with it!
      Sorry that you found out the hard way! At least it's only £4!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried this before but it's definitely on my list as I'm always hearing Tanya Burr raving about it in her videos :) Love that you used a Real Techniques brush too, theyre amazing! Really like your blog btw, and if you're ever passing through mine, do say hi!

    Kerry, from Kerralina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really good, I understand why she raves about it so much! I absolutely love Real Techniques brushes, they're fabulous. I have a few reviews up of some.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  8. great review! i always pass it instore but never tried it :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // @thelovecatsinc // YT: thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time don't just pass by! Pick one up! Amazing product!

      Rachel x

      Delete
  9. I'm yet another person in love with Rimmel Stay Matte, but completely frustrated with the packaging. I refuse to take it anywhere. I won't even leave the compact in a makeup bag, because it feels like I'm just asking for a nasty spill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I will never travel with it! I have it in my MUJI drawers which is on my dressing table.

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...