February/March 2013 Favourites | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: February/March 2013 Favourites

Tuesday 26 March 2013

February/March 2013 Favourites



Hi lovelies!

I know, I know it's nearly April and I'm just getting round to posting my February Favourites! I have no idea what happened. I took these photos early in March and they've just been waiting on my camera. As it's nearly April and I'm still using these products on a regular basis, this is going to be my February/March Favourites. I've been trying not to spend as much money on make up and beauty products lately so I haven't got any new favourites for March. 

MUA Heaven & Earth Eye Shadow Palette - This has quickly become my favourite MUA palette. However, that may all change soon, as I want the Undress Me Too palette! I'm a neutral girl through and through so this palette is perfect for me. As I said in my review, I am wearing shimmer eye shadows more often now where as I used to only reach for matte shades. You can see some closer photos and swatches in my review. You can purchase this palette from Superdrug in store or MUA online or Superdrug online. This palette is a bargain at £4 as the shadows are great quality and they are highly pigmented.

LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub - If you're anything like me, the cold weather has left your lips feeling dry and chapped. My solution - gently exfoliate your lips with LUSH bubblegum lip scrub before slapping tons of lip balm on every evening before bed. It works a treat and smells (and tastes) delicious! My lips are left feeling soft and moisturised (from the lip balm) the next day, ready for some lipstick. You can buy it in stores or online, priced at £5.25.

Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch - This is a product that was on my wishlist for months and months. I wasn't sure I could justify £26 for such a small pot but I got my hands on a 1 ml sample and I was hooked!  It leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft, which is the perfect base for my foundation. It does a fairly good job at hiding my pores but some days they are massive and I need some cement!!! Luckily, after Christmas the Clarins website was holding a sale which included the Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch. They were offering the standard 50 ml pot and a 30 ml tube of Beauty Flash Balm for £17.50. Before I knew it, I was checking out and selecting my three free samples to try (which, by the way Clarins, is an amazing idea as I now have more Clarins items on my wishlist)!

Collection Colour Lash All Day Colour Mascara in Clear - I have been wanting a gel to set my eyebrows for a long time. There is a wax in the MUA Brow Kit, which I use, but I hate how I have to use my fingers to apply it and there isn't a lot of it in the kit. I have seen that a few people use clear mascara to set their brows. So when I spotted this in Superdrug for £1.99, I had to try it. I'm actually liking it so far and I will definitely repurchase it. It's not actually clear any more as the powder that I use to fill my eyebrows has come off on the brush so it looks a bit disgusting! It also includes protein and I have noticed my eyebrows grow more since I started to use it. So if you're looking to grow your brows, or lashes, I definitely recommend it.

Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette in Light - I actually wanted to pick up the Sleek Face Contour Kit, which is £6.49 as I had seen so many people rant and rave about it. Every time I popped in Superdrug, it was sold out. Then I spotted Face Form, which includes a contour shade, a highlight and a blush for £10. The blush looked really pretty so I couldn't resist and bought this instead. I'm so glad I did. I use all three of the products and it's the perfect palette for travelling with. 

Avon Ultra Colour Rich Lipstick in Pout - This is the first Avon lipstick I have purchased and so far I love it! The shade is perfect and the formulation is creamy and moisturising. Application is so easy and effortless. I will definitely be purchasing more shades from Avon, I just haven't decided which ones yet! Any recommendations? The RRP of these are £7 but Avon often have offers on so keep your eyes open. I think I got this for £2.49 or £3.49. 

What have been your favourite products this month? Have any of your favourites made my list?


Rachel x

Lost In Lipstick

4 comments:

  1. Hey I really like your blog and follow it on bloglovin, I have nominated you for a Liebster award. You can find out more info on my blog www.artofbodybeaty.blogspot.co.uk

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice list!
    i dont have fav since i use same product xD

    hi ^^ i found your blog in #bbloggers blog hop
    do you want to follow each other on bloglovin and gfc?
    let me know ^^ visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you always use the same products, they must be your favourites ;)

      Rachel x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...