Real Techniques Setting Brush - Review | Lost In Lipstick | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog: Real Techniques Setting Brush - Review

Friday 11 January 2013

Real Techniques Setting Brush - Review




This is just one Real Techniques brush out of my collection of 5 (which will grow bigger as soon as Boots have another 3 for 2 offer on them!) I also have the Powder Brush, the Foundation Brush, the Expert Face Brush and the Blush Brush (review coming soon). This is the smallest in my collection but can be used in variety of ways. It's a great multifunctional brush. I use it to apply powder under my eyes before doing my eye make up, to apply highlighter or bronzer to contour and to apply eye shadow, as a base, all over my lid. I have also read that people use this brush for their concealer and it can be used to blend eye shadow. 

The brush has a lightweight, aluminium handle, which makes it super easy to use and hold. The bristles are made from synthetic taklon and are 100% cruelty free. The bristles are soft and feel so gentle and luxurious on your face. The brushes wash really well and dry really quickly. They keep their shape and the condition of the brushes is like brand new even though I have washed them several times (with baby shampoo). I have no experiences of shedding and I have been using Real Techniques brushes since September. The Real Techniques brushes are created by Samantha Chapman. Her tutorial video for the Setting Brush can be found here. As you can see in the video, Samantha uses the brushes herself and talks about the different uses that this brush has.

Is the Setting Brush in your collection? Which make up brush can you not live without?

Rachel x
Lost In Lipstick

10 comments:

  1. I do not own any of the real techniques brushes but i need to, just finding a good deal on them is so hard!
    http://styleandsplurging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Boots 3 for 2 offer is amazing when it's on. I can't wait for it to come back! I'm stocking up!

      Rachel x
      Lost In Lipstick

      Delete
  2. Shockingly I haven't seen this brush before, I need a setting brush otherwise I get creases under my eyes. Thanks for this review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hadn't even thought about a setting brush before I got this. It's so amazing. My foundation or concealer doesn't crease under my eyes and my mascara or eyeliner doesnt run.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you posted about this as I've got this brush but haven't really looked into what it's supposed to be used for, so it's sitting there with there in the middle of my brushes totally untouched! I've used it for contouring today, and in my Benefit Hoola mini as it picks up really well! You shouldn't have told me about the 3 for 2 though as the only Real Techniques brushes I haven't got are the Foundation Brush and the Kabuki Brush, so this gives me an excuse to get them and something free too!

    autumnleaves-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your brush can now be used! It must have been feeling lonely! You have every single other brush?! Which are you favourite? And sorry about sharing the offer. But any excuse to buy RT brushes is good!

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review hun I want to try this.

    pocockins.blogspot.com
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally recommend it. It has so many uses you can't go wrong! I'm actually thinking about buying more so I can use it for different things! I'm going to see what other brushes I can buy first from RT. Theyre amazing quality.

      Rachel x

      Delete
  6. Hello, I have nominated you for the versatile blogger awards :) xo

    http://lostinlalalandx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/versatile-blogger-award.html?spref=fb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, it means so much to me :) I read every comment and they make me smile. I will try and reply to each and every one. Rachel x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...